With the beauty industry making several groundbreaking advances, we have a bunch of beauty buzzwords to keep up with. Moisture Sandwich is one of the latest viral skincare trends on the internet. In this article, we’ll be decoding this viral trend for you. As the name suggests, “Moisture Sandwich” is about layering your skincare products in a way that hydration and moisture get locked into the skin. Moisture Sandwich is associated with trapping water in the skin and reducing transepidermal water loss.
This routine is followed by applying lighter textures or formulas, or even water-based formulas on clean, damp skin, and then layering the thicker ones. This helps in trapping the water in the skin’s deeper layers for longer. The skin becomes more hydrated, radiant, and healthy. Further, this layering allows the smooth application of makeup on the skin.
Moisture: Step by step
The general rule is that you should first dampen the area you intend to treat. This method can be followed in a step-by-step manner.
1) Clean your face with a gentle cleanser. Try Sanfe Promise Lush Face Wash which is gentle and moisturing on the skin.
2) Use Sanfe Promise 3% PHA Face Lush Toner with a cotton pad to dampen your facial skin. Alternatively, you can apply 1-2 drops of your hydrating lotion or essence.
3) Apply a lightweight serum. You can use Sanfe Promise 10% Niacinamide + Zinc Face Serum Shots.
4) Apply some toner or apply 1-2 drops of hydrating essence or serum, Sanfe Promise 2% Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum Shots can give you desired results.
5) Apply a nourishing facial oil with gentle moves.
6) Repeat with the face toner or hydrating lotion.
7) Seal the moisture into your skin with your favourite face cream or moisturizer. Sanfe Promise Squalene Niacinamide Face Lush Cream has a light formula and is extremely hydrating on the skin that can be used as the second last step.
8) Don’t forget to apply favourite sunscreen. Check out Sanfe Promise Avobenzone Face Lush Sunscreen.
The “Moisture Sandwich” technique locks the moisture letting the skin remains hydrated and soft for longer. When you apply hydrating lotion or toner every time, it helps your skincare penetrate better into the skin. Thus, making the skin moisturized and hydrated in the deeper layers.
* When proceeding with the “Moisture Sandwich” technique, do not use retinol, exfoliating acids, or other ingredients that could irritate your skin.